Blepharoplasty New Jersey
Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery
What Is Blepharoplasty?
Dr. Wise has performed thousands of successful upper and lower blepharoplasties, giving his patients a more youthful and energized appearance. Blepharoplasty, also called eyelid surgery or eyelid lift, is a procedure performed on the upper and/or lower eyelids to provide a more alert and rejuvenated appearance. Many of Dr. Wise’s patients seek this procedure to correct puffy bags and loose skin under the eyes, sagging skin on the upper eyelid, and fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
How Blepharoplasty Helps
Tightening the skin of the upper and/or lower eyelids will automatically improve or reduce the fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes commonly known as “crow’s feet.”
Brightens Tired Eyes
Puffy bags under the eyes and excess skin on the upper eyelids can make one look constantly tired or sad. Blepharoplasty allows patients to appear more alert and express their true emotions.
Sagging upper eyelid skin can make it difficult to see. The upper eyelid lift removes this excess skin to broaden the scope of patients’ vision.
The Blepharoplasty Process
Consultation with Dr. Wise
- Dr. Wise will listen to your concerns and goals for your upper and/or lower eyelid surgery.
- He will examine you and make personalized recommendations to rejuvenate the appearance of your eyes. He may recommend other procedures to complement the eyelid surgery so you can achieve your desired goals.
- Dr. Wise will review any questions or concerns you may have regarding the surgical process to help you make an informed decision about having the procedure.
- Dr. Wise will review with you many before and after photos of his blepharoplasty patients.
- Sedation anesthesia is used to keep patients pain-free.
- Incisions and scars are well hidden within the eyelid crease and/or lash line.
- In some cases, Dr. Wise can make lower lid incisions through the conjunctiva, which results in no visible scars.
- Some patients opt to undergo other procedures at the same time, which rarely lengthens recovery time and allows the patient to accomplish many goals with one surgery.
- Many of Dr. Wise’s patients typically report little post operative discomfort. For those patients that do experience mild soreness, Dr. Wise can easily control this discomfort with prescribed medication.
- Many patients are back to themselves in less than one week, since this procedure produces a minimal amount of bruising and swelling.
- Final results can be seen in as little as a few weeks to one month once all of the swelling subsides.