For years, Dr. Jeffrey B. Wise has been providing New Jersey with some of the most innovative surgical procedures available. He has gained renown throughout the world of cosmetology thanks to his unique techniques and remarkable results.
Revitalize your look with a Deep Plane Facelift
When it comes to facial aging, there are few procedures more sought after than a facelift. This cosmetic treatment can address everything from sagging skin and jowls to fine lines and wrinkles, taking years off of one’s appearance.
While a ‘full,’ facelift remains the industry standard, alternative iterations have become popular in recent years. A deep plane facelift in NJ can achieve all of the results of a standard facelift and more. This procedure works by releasing ligaments in the face and repositioning the tissues in the deeper layers of the face’s musculature. The result is a revitalized face without an overly ‘tight’ look.
Dr. Wise utilizes a 3D Vectra imaging system to gain a better understanding of the patient’s facial contours and curate a treatment plan that best suits them. This technology also allows patients to see a visual representation of what their results will look like.
What is a Deep Plane Facelift?
A deep plane facelift is a unique procedure that can reverse facial aging while still preserving the patient’s natural beauty. Many specialists in the field of cosmetology believe that the results of a Deep Plane Facelift may even last longer than the results of a traditional Facelift.
The term “deep plane” refers to the layer of tissue situated between the SMAS-platysma complex (composed of muscle and fascia) and the overlying facial muscles, which are responsible for our facial expressions. Instead of tightly pulling the skin to create a youthful aesthetic, this procedure releases and repositions the deeper layers of muscle and fat for a tension-free lift.
What are the benefits?
- A holistic treatment that refines the overall facial structure
- Tightens the underlying musculature of the face
- Avoids pulling the skin too tightly, keeping the face looking natural
- Suitable for patients of any age
- Can take as many as 15 years off of a person’s appearance
- Provides patients with a major boost in self-confidence
Who is an ideal candidate for a Facelift procedure?
A deep plane facelift is a great option for younger patients who want to get a head start on signs of aging. That said, it is also a great protocol for older patients who are already experiencing more pronounced signs of aging, such as sagging skin and volume loss.
Ideal candidates for a Deep Plane Facelift in NJ will meet the following criteria:
- Are in good physical and mental health
- Are non-smokers or are willing to quit prior to the procedure
- Have realistic expectations for the results of the treatment
- Are struggling with sagging skin in the face
- Are experiencing hollow areas in the face due to volume loss
- Have developed jowls or a double chin, leaving them with a distorted jawline
How to prepare for a Deep Plane Facelift
Patients should stop smoking, drinking alcohol, or taking any blood thinners at least two weeks prior to the surgery. Aspirin and Ibuprofen are examples of blood thinners. These medications can lead to excessive bleeding during the procedure.
Patients need to arrange to have someone drive them home from the procedure, as they will still be under the influence of anesthesia and unable to drive themselves. It is also a good idea to go grocery shopping to ensure that the house is fully stocked with food. Meal prepping is also a good idea, as patients will be mostly immobile for the first few days following the procedure. Cooking will not be feasible.
What is the procedure like?
Just like a traditional facelift, a deep plane facelift involves making incisions behind the ears and within the hairline. Facial muscle and skin are then adjusted as a solitary unit to achieve a holistic look. This allows the doctor to address aging in the face as a whole rather than treating isolated areas.
Dr. Wise will first release the zygomatic ligaments in the cheeks to bring the midface region to a more elevated position. This process also helps to reduce nasolabial folds, eliminating the need for any dermal fillers or implants. The masseteric and mandibular ligaments will also be released to raise the jowls and redefine the jawline.
This process of repositioning the tissue layers beneath the SMAS muscles provides potent advantages in lifting and tightening the face. The Deep Plane Facelift is able to accomplish these changes without affecting the integrity of the upper skin layers, thus providing both enhanced results and a smoother recovery period.
What is the recovery process like?
Following your deep place facelift in NJ, light cotton dressings are applied to the treatment area, which must be kept on for 24 hours. You will be provided with prescription pain medications to help mitigate discomfort for the first few days following the procedure.
It is totally normal for patients to experience temporary numbness, bruising, and tightness in the face for a few weeks. Most patients can get back to their usual routines after 10 to 14 days. Physical activity can be resumed after a period of 3 to 4 weeks, but strenuous activity (such as exercise) may need to be avoided for a bit longer.
Why Choose Dr. Wise for a deep plane facelift in New Jersey?
For years, double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Wise provided his clients in New Jersey with some of the most cutting-edge cosmetic care available. His highly effective surgical techniques combine his educational background and artistic sensibilities to achieve outstanding results. He is known for achieving results that accentuate his patients’ beauty, achieving their results while preserving their natural features.
Reach out to our office today to schedule a private consultation and learn more about our Deep Plane Facelift procedure.
How much does a Deep Plane Facelift cost in New Jersey?
As with any surgical procedure, the cost of a Deep Plane Facelift will vary from region to region. Beyond that, there are various factors that can affect the overall price. The extent of work performed as well as complementary procedures can all have an effect on the total cost of the treatment.
In recent years, non-surgical treatments have been touted as a more cost-effective alternative to surgery. In reality, these treatments require a lot of upkeep. Patients who choose the route of a Deep Plane Facelift will have the peace of mind that no follow-up treatments will be necessary.
Some factors that can affect the final price include:
- Surgeon’s fees – While choosing a more qualified surgeon can be pricey, patients must keep in mind that surgery should not be taken lightly. Prioritizing results over savings is highly recommended with any surgical procedure. Those who choose to work with Dr. Wise will be getting some of the safest and most effective care available.
- The complexity of the surgery – More complex treatments will generally be more expensive than similar ones.
- Anesthesia – Anesthesia fees have an impact on the price of any procedure. Dr. Wise will provide more information regarding anesthesia fees during the private consultation.
- Lab testing – Patients will usually need to undergo some amount of lab testing prior to the procedure to determine their candidacy. These tests are vital for safeguarding against any potential issues that could arise during surgery.
- Post-surgical costs – After the procedure, patients will be fitted with post-procedural garments. There are also prescription and follow-up appointment fees to consider. More information regarding these costs will be provided during the private consultation.
Schedule A Consultation
New Jersey Office | 973-658-4019 | 1680 Route 23, Suite 120, Wayne, NJ 07470
*The Content/Images On This Website Are Not A Guarantee Of Individual Results. Individual Results May Vary. The Information Provided On This Site Is For General Informational Purposes Only, And Does Not Replace The Need For A Formal Consultation.
Wise Center For Plastic Surgery ©. 2021 All Rights Reserved.
Design, Development & Internet Marketing by Studio III
Digital Strategy by SEOversite