AviClear Acne Treatment
We believe that acne treatments and skin care should be customized to suit your specific needs. Our doctorally prepared Nurse Practitioner and our Licensed Skincare Specialist work closely together to address your concerns while making your skin look radiant and youthful. At our practice, we combine innovative facials, state-of-the-art laser technologies, and medical-grade skin care products to help you achieve the acne-free skin you’ve always wanted.
That is why the Wise Med Spa proudly offers AviClear: the future of clear skin. AviClear is the first and only FDA-cleared laser treatment for mild, moderate, and severe acne on all skin types and tones. This safe, prescription-free acne treatment addresses existing acne while reducing the severity of future breakout episodes.
What are the benefits of AviClear treatments?
In three 30-minute treatments and with no harmful side effects, AviClear provides serious acne clearance that lasts. AviClear’s patented technology treats acne at the source by selectively targeting and suppressing the sebaceous gland, which plays an essential role in acne formation. Designed with patient comfort in mind, AviClear features proprietary contact cooling for an optimal and safe treatment experience.
Other notable benefits of AviClear treatments include:
- Current and future breakout episodes are shorter, less intense, and more infrequent
- Acne clearance results continue to improve over time
- Innovative engineering down-regulates the sebaceous glands to reduce active acne
- Because AviClear eliminates acne at the source, no prescription medications are necessary
- No pain management is necessary
How should I prepare for AviClear treatments?
Before your first AviClear treatment, you must download the Cutera app. Cutera is the manufacturer of AviClear, and their app tracks your treatment progress and sessions. After you download the app, you will get your unique QR code, which we will scan on the AviClear device. Scanning this QR code is necessary for the treatment to begin.
Two weeks before treatment, you should:
- Avoid sun exposure, including tanning beds and artificial tanning such as spray tans and tanning lotions
- Avoid skin irritants such as products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin, such as waxing
- All acne-prescribed medications, such as Accutane, should be discontinued
To prepare for treatment, keep the following in mind:
- If you have facial hair, you must shave your face on the day of treatment
- You cannot put any products on the treatment site
- We will take photos before every treatment to track your progress
- Your face will be cleaned and degreased with medical-grade acetone or isopropyl alcohol
- Your Skincare Specialist will moisten your entire face with wet gauze for at least three minutes
AviClear post-treatment aftercare
You will begin to see results 3-4 weeks after your last AviClear treatment, and these results may continue to improve with time. To get the best results possible, follow your post-treatment aftercare plan provided by our office.
Some of the essential aftercare steps are:
- Immediately after treatment, we apply broad spectrum SPF 30+ to your skin. You will need to reapply at least once daily following treatment. Additionally, you must reapply every ninety minutes when you are outside.
- You should minimize direct sun exposure throughout the treatment regimen.
- Starting the morning after treatment, you will need to wash your face with a gentle cleanser and use a gentle moisturizer for the next seven to ten days.
- You can use makeup the day after treatment.
- Avoid skin irritants such as products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc., for at least one week after treatment.
- Limit any exercise or activity that can cause sweating for 24 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid heat for two days post-treatment, such as hot tubs and saunas.
- For up to two weeks after treatment, avoid treatments that may irritate the skin, such as waxing.
Why Choose the Wise Med Spa for AviClear treatments?
Treatment with the Wise Med Spa in Wayne, New Jersey, begins with a complimentary consultation where you'll meet with our Nurse Practitioner Radhika Patel. Fellowship trained in medical and cosmetic dermatology, Radhika will evaluate your skin while listening to your concerns before making recommendations tailored to your goals.
Schedule A Consultation
New Jersey Office | 973-658-4019 | 1680 Route 23, Suite 120, Wayne, NJ 07470
*The Content/Images On This Website Are Not A Guarantee Of Individual Results. Individual Results May Vary. The Information Provided On This Site Is For General Informational Purposes Only, And Does Not Replace The Need For A Formal Consultation.
Wise Center For Plastic Surgery ©. 2021 All Rights Reserved.